The World Alzheimer’s Month campaign is led by Alzheimer’s Disease International. This year’s theme is ‘Every 3 seconds’. World Alzheimer’s Day is 21 September 2018.
The impact of World Alzheimer’s Month is growing, but the stigmatisation and misinformation that surrounds dementia remains a global issue. Every 3 seconds, someone in the world develops dementia. This September is our time for action, when civil society, governments and global partners unite to create and demand change.
Simply download or copy any of the resources in this toolkit and start sharing
If you do one thing this World Alzheimer’s Month, please tweet, and encourage others to, using the #WorldAlzMonth #WorldAlzDay hashtags.
Template web story
Dementia – an urgent global health crisis(PDF 163KB)
Key dementia facts & stats
Dementia facts and stats (PDF 176KB)
Women & Dementia – A Global Challenge (PDF 459KB)
Dementia – Disability, Rights, Inclusion (PDF 427KB)
Harnessing the power of civil society (PDF 4MB)
If you do one thing this September, please tweet, and encourage others to, using the #WorldAlzMonth #WorldAlzDay and #Every3seconds hashtags. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- September is #WorldAlzMonth. Join @AlzDisInt & @GADAAlliance in helping to raise #dementia awareness around the world
- It’s World Alzheimer’s Month! Help raise awareness throughout September: worldalzmonth.org #WorldAlzMonth @GADAAlliance @AlzDisInt
- #Every3seconds someone develops #dementia. It only takes 3 seconds to raise awareness. Share this message and support people living with dementia this #WorldAlzMonth @GADAAlliance @AlzDisInt
- Today is #WorldAlzDay! #Dementia is global health, rights & development issue that can no longer be ignored @GADAAlliance @AlzDisInt
- #Dementia is one of the top 5 causes of death worldwide & a major cause of #disability and dependency. Take action this #WorldAlzMonth @gadaalliance @AlzDisInt
- For more ideas or tweets follow us @GADAAlliance
Or if you’d rather spread the word on Facebook, here’s a sample post for your network:
Dementia is one of the top 5 causes of death worldwide & a major cause of disability. Dementia knows no borders and affects every country in the world. This World Alzheimer’s Month, find out how to get it right for everyone affected by dementia: gadaalliance.org
Use our infographics facts and figures to create engaging Instagram posts.
Right click on each image to save one of GADAA’s World Alzheimer’s Month infographics to use on social media or in your communications:
Please contact us for engaging photographs and human interest stories on the impact dementia globally.